Thursday, March 18, 2010

Business Time

So 918 Photo has taken some time, thought about it, and decided yes.  Yes, we should probably operate as an actual business and get some clients.

So we did!  Huzzah!

Yes, the client count has moved forward to 1!  In a row!

It's an exciting day here (even if the shoot isn't for a week and a half still), one which we're really looking to build on.  One which will lead to a few more additions to the site in the coming days (payment options, an actual list of our rates, other business type things), so keep an eye out for that stuff.

So in a couple of weeks you'll all get to see some officially sanctioned 918 Photo "work."  We'll have some selections from the shoot, it'll be super official.  Woo.

For now though, more dog pictures!


Yes, Olive and I were out in the woods again recently (heads up on the ticks, they are out and about), and of course I had my camera.  So I snapped off a few that show a slightly different style than you'll have seen on here so far.  Much wider depth of field, it looks quite nice.

Personally I prefer the narrow depth of field for portraits, but I can't deny how good looking these shots are.  I really want to have a reason to shoot something with a wider depth of field.  I don't do too many landscapes (yet), but I'm visualizing the perfect use for it.  Anyone who wants a very cool "urban" photo shoot, I've got some great ideas.

And if anyone was wondering, I had Georgetown to win it all.  Doh.  I've never been completely out of it after one day.  It feels awesome*!

That's all for now, enjoy the incredible weather and the weekend (perhaps both together).

*it does not feel awesome





0 comments:

Post a Comment